The law always wins. It was designed that way. That’s part of the brilliance of God’s plan. We keep thinking we can beat the law, but we can’t.
We have all sorts of clever ways of trying to get around the law. Here are a few of the major ones:
- Pretend it doesn’t exist.
- Pretend it doesn’t matter.
- Pretend we are following it when we know we’re not.
- Pretend we can follow it by altering it to make it doable.
- Pretend that if we can’t be perfect, we can be better than the next guy, and that somehow that will be good enough.
All these are ways we think we can get around the law, but we can’t. The law ultimately nails every one of us, and though we think we can beat it in this life, we will meet it in the next, and it will have the last say in the last judgment.
There’s only one way around the law, and herein lies the brilliance of God’s plan. Nothing happens to the law; the law is good. It was always good. But we die in relationship to it, so we can be free from its control over us.
It was our first marriage to a good partner, but one that only brought out the worst in us, and because the only legitimate way out of a marriage is the death of one of the partners – since the law will never die – we die instead, so that we can be raised to life and married to a new partner, Jesus Christ. Now how brilliant is that?
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. (Romans 7:4-6)
So there you have it: a new way of bearing fruit for God. Not by trying and failing, or by trying and manipulating, or by trying and faking it, but by dying instead of trying. That is by dying and being born again in the Spirit, so that God Himself brings forth good things from our lives by His presence in us. He’s our new husband, and because we are one with Him, what is true for Him is true for us.
So go ahead and let the law win. Don’t even fight it, because it will win every time you do. Instead, be one with Christ, and allow Him to have His way with you. He will bring forth in you the good you want so much to be and do.
Now you have to agree, that’s simply brilliant.
So please consider this very simple request:
- To keep it simple, rich or poor, if there is a “readiness” to give – a built-into-the-heart desire to give, “the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.”(2 Corinthians 8:12).
- For those without the capacity to give, MemberPartner sponsorships are available.
- Together with this, opportunities exist to register friends and family tax free MemberPartnerships or honor a loved one through an honorary PartnerMembership in his or her memory.